Friday, November 21, 2008

Do Grown Up Men Cry?

Some people might disagree with the title, atleast give me benefit of the doubt cos i do "look" grown up!. Don't i?

I've never been the emotional guy... i wouldn't care a damn about what happens around me!. But there are days when even the "i don't care" guy has to sit and take notice of what is happening around him.

7 years ago, i moved out of my house into the student hostel. That was the first time i was staying in a place i din't know, sharing a room with someone i met 4 hours ago!. There was nobody to talk to and i wasn't so well off to afford a mobile phone to call my parents every so often. I cried that night... cried so much that i ran out of tears (blame it on the hot summer!). 

17 days ago, i saw my sweetheart walk into immigration check (with a broker hand & struggling with her backpack!) and i felt this really empty feeling in my stomach. A restlessness that i later found out was because i was going to miss her company for a longtime, knowing that i can't meet her for lunch or dinner whenever we wanted to, couldn't rent a car and drive down to wherever we wanted to (save the jokes about my driving skills for later!) or just look at her face and tell myself.. damn how did i end up with such a beautiful girl!.

But yes, i do look forward to going home... family is the only thing one has at birth and death!. So make sure you keep it safe.... till you die.

4 comments:

viswajith.k.n said...

what a senti post...yaendaa kya hua? And it so happens that the word verification for this comment is "pliscrie" rhyming with Please Cry!

Venkatesh G said...

Now if you are emotionally down.
Try watching this.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rMfjuBX_qw0

Tats all i can do.
No hard feelings.
tc

Brainstormer said...

@Venkatesh,

AIYOOOOOOOOOO...... thaaanga mudiyala!!

Venkatesh G said...

Ha ha ...
i suppose you are a chennai-ite,
next time you are here, i will give you a cd of the movie.